- Bring the dumbbells directly above your elbows, with the upper arms at an angle of 40-60 degrees to their torso at the start position.
- Point your chest upwards (but keep the ribcage tucked down) towards the ceiling and tuck their shoulder blades down.
- Press the weight upward in a straight line rather than inwards. Think of the elbows extending toward each other at the top while dumbbells end directly above the shoulder and elbows at the top position.
- Lower down the weight with control and briefly pause at bottom before repeating.
- The back arch should not be changed if your overhead range of motion is limited. Instead, keep this variable the same and manipulate the angle of the bench
- Always finish each rep with your arms in a stacked position at the top of the movement.